To delete a skype account you have to contact the skype customer care because there is no facility available to delete your skype account with one click.
In this guide, we will see What is skype and how to delete skype account permanently with the help of various methods. The old 2018 Procedure won’t work anymore so I suggest you follow the 2019 procedure.
What is Skype?
According to Wikipedia Skype is a telecommunications application that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smartwatches via the Internet. Skype also provides instant messaging services.
|Type||Audio & Video|
Read also:- Networx Bandwidth Monitor
Steps to delete skype account permanently
Before moving the main part, you have to know about one important thing.
Method 1 – Delete Skype Account :
There is an option to close Skype account in one click which means It will delete your Microsoft account completely. If you don’t have problems delete the Microsoft account then do it.
Note:- If you are looking to delete only Skype account only then follow the method 2 procedure.
If you are using Windows 10 the Skype is preinstalled. The procedure is the same for Windows 10 Skype Application.
I am going to use the Android Skype Application for this method because of no direct option available on the web.
1. Log into your Skype account and click your name.
2. Now click the “Settings” tab.
3. It will take you to the “Accounts and Profile” tab where you can find the option to delete the account.
4. Now you have to enter your password and need to verify via Email or Mobile to continue the account deletion.
Method 2 – Hide Skype Account :
In method 2, you are going to use unofficial way. It means you have to remove all personal information and email from your skype account.
If you are using Skype in Android, IOS and Windows set your status as “Invisible” and don’t forget to logout from all devices.
1. Login to the skype via the web browser. In the dashboard click the “edit profile” link.
2. It will take you to the “profile” page where you have to remove all personal information. Click the “Edit Profile” button and remove all information. Don’t forget to remove to profile picture on Skype.
3. Scroll down you will find the contact details. There you have to add a temporary email address and remove your personal email address. If you have added the mobile number remove that too.
4. If you have a Skype number remove that and cancel your subscription and If you have added your mobile number as a caller ID remove that too. If you have added payment methods remove that to auto payment issues.
In dashboard click “Caller ID” to find out your caller ID and to remove.
5. The final step is to contact the Skype support and ask them to delete your permanently.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQ)
There is no official way to delete a skype account separately but you can delete your Microsoft account which will delete your skype account too.
No, you can’t but you can able to remove all personal information related to you which will hide you from skype.
There is no option given to unlink skype from the Microsoft account.
No, you can’t change the Microsoft account linked with skype.
Navigate to “Edit Profile->Email Address” to link your Microsoft Account.
Yes, Microsoft merged the Skype and Microsoft accounts into one.
Yes, you can able to use Skype with the help of a mobile number only. You don’t have to add your Microsoft account.
I hope this guide helped you to delete skype account permanently. If you have queries please let me know via comments. I glad to help you. Share this article with your friends to help them.